Wednesday, March 16, 2016

     What's up Web. So right now I am working on my story. I was going to create a character first, but after some peer review I have decided to develop the story first. 
     The basic story is that a hero has an ancient power in them that hasn't been seen for a very long time. The villain wants this power because it was taken from his family all those years ago by another hero. The film will follow the villain as the protagonist trying to take the power back. The hero will still follow the hero's journey, but the villain will as well. The hero's main goal will be to kill the villain, little does he know the villain is following the hero on his journey trying to trap/stop the hero and take the power. As I said before the film will be like an RPG with the main character gaining "party members" along the way. The climax of the film will be when the villain takes the power from the hero but instead of the power going into the villain it is stolen by an even greater villain, one of the villains"party members". This greater evil will be a person even the villain was not sure to travel with him. The rest of the film will be the villain teaming up with the ,no longer powerful, hero trying to stop the greater evil. (this is still a work in progress, but that is the story that I will create my characters from)
    The first character I have thought of is the Hero. (just as a side note: I will address each character by an aspect of them because I haven't thought of names yet.) The hero will be an over exaggeration of the hero archetype (this link will also go in depth about the villain archetype which I will talk about later). The hero will be a very cocky, confident, strong man who isn't afraid of anything, but with a defect. The defect will be the fact that he is nothing without the ancient power. When he loses it he becomes a broken man. I want people to see him as Mr. Perfect, a person that is incapable of failure. 
     The Villain will not focus on brute strength, but rather wit. Instead of trying to destroy the hero he will try to outsmart him. I am not going along with the typical Villain archetype because my villain will be the main character, so he can't be someone that the audience despises he needs to be likable, but still evil. Now the villains background. He is part of a royal family that lost the ancient power to the hero many years ago. The villain dive is that he wants to retrieve the power for his family because he feels as if they lost their honor to the hero. ( I will probably design the hero in a few days so I can show you what I want him to look like. Also he wont look like a dark fantasy villain because the audience should be able to see a part of themselves in the protagonist, so I will make him brighter and have a visible face unlike villains that wear masks.
      That is all I have now, but I will tell you when I reach a new breakthrough. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Eric! I first of all have to say I am quite intrigued by your creative process. I am very much like you where I don't always know what my story or plot is going to be, however, I know what I want to do with the film in a sense. When trying to create a story in my head, I go through this random process that almost always seems to work for me, and maybe it'll help you out too. Write down five random things, then elaborate on those five random things (give them each their own story) and from there that could help get the creative juices flowing ya know?

    Also I really like that you are writing a substantial amount in each blog posting, for it shows how much effort you are putting into all your research. The only think I must warn you of is that since you are going to shoot at Markham Park, make sure that you try to avoid any swamp shots, because you want to make your film opening look like it's in a forest, not the everglades. Also, since it is getting late in the project, I'd recommend shooting your film sooner than later because trust me it takes a while to edit it.

    Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete