Wednesday, March 9, 2016

     Hello to everyone who can access the internet. My name is Eric Weinstein and I have been given the task of creating a two minuet opening for a film. This blog will tell you the exact process that I will go through to make the best film opening that I can.
     Today I am researching the various types of film genres that I may use for my film opening. The action and adventure genres caught my eye when I thought about their potential for a film opening. If I choose to create an opening for an action film I could start out with an action sequence: a chase scene with hints to the characters personality in the way he/she runs away or in the actions they preform as the character runs. If I choose to create an adventure film opening I could potentially create an ordinary character, but at the same time showing the potential of the character to become a "hero". I would follow the hero's journey if I go with the adventure genre because many successful films follow this format.
So I would have to start by showing the character In the ordinary world with hints of a big journey ahead, similar to the openings of Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. Then there is also the fact that I have to be able to actually create the scenes I wish to make, so I have a lot of thinking to do about the genre of my film opening and the scenes that I want to create.

1 comment:

  1. What up Eric. Your posts seem to be on the right track but they're missing certain things that really draw in readers and make it easier for them to understand what you want to create, as well as some elaboration on your ideas and inspirations. For example, you mentioned a few fantasy worlds that you admired, such as the ones from Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Zelda. That's good. Now maybe dig a little deeper and explain why you like them, what certain aspects, and what you want to incorporate into your short film. Even adding things that you've maybe noticed in all three of the fantasy worlds that you don't want to do but you've noticed that it's a common occurrence.

    I think your film opening idea is very creative, especially the ancient drawings in the beginning. Something that you could add in your posts could be pictures of ancient drawings or research about them so they can get a visual understanding of what real ancient drawings look like, along with the picture you've already posted of your own drawings, this will let the readers understand what basic conventions you've kept and your own twists with this idea. Perhaps adding videos of film openings that include ancient drawings, to allow readers to get a visual understanding of what you want to do.

    Simple things like this make your blog posts reach full potential. So I would say that while posting try to keep in mind adding links, visuals, videos, any additional things to add so it's not just writing (which I know you've done before but a little more wouldn't hurt) and elaboration. Other than that you're golden. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete