Thursday, March 10, 2016

     Hello people of internet land. So I have decided to go with the adventure genre because (as you can see from my last post) I think I could create a more structured story using the hero's journey. I'm not saying that I couldn't use the hero's journey in an action movie, I'm just saying that I think  I could create a better adventure film opening using it. I also don't want to make a very serious piece because I wouldn't be totally invested in it, and the adventure genre could be more friendly.
     Now I should probably think of a story. I am going to create the world before I decide what will be happening in it. I would love to create a science fiction or fantasy film ,but the location that I would be filming in doesn't look like either of those things. Without a budget for my film I am restricted to filming in my town with no ability to change the set. The only exotic (relative to my home) setting that I could create would be a forest which could work for a fantasy film if I can think of a story that could incorporate a forest. I'm going to have to find an area that I really like before I make a decision. I will probably do the same thing that I do when I don't know what to draw ( I'm an artist). Write down 6 different locations and roll a die to see where my story will take place. If I can't find a good place or think of a good story I may decide to go with my backup idea which would be a black and white detective film, but I think I will be able to create an adventure film. I will post again when I found a place or have another idea to spit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment